Saturday 14 May 2022

WEEK 1 | 9 MAY 2022 - 13 MAY 2022 | BEGINNING PRACTICUM


WEEK 1


For the first day of my practicum (Monday), I went to the office for reporting duty to principal. I met with the Principal and Vice-Principal of Academic Excellence for a short conversation about my practicum session. Hence, I met my mentor to discuss on my tasks for this week. We had normal class along this week but, there have some extra class that can be known as ADEX (Academic Excellent), every Tuesday evening. 

     Every Monday evening at the first week, we have assembly involving students and teachers. Coincidence, this week was first week of timetable. So, we had assembly at the evening. Every Wednesday and Thursday, we have co-curricular activity. So, students will have complementary activity to release their stress after study.


Since I am teaching F1, F4 and F5 students, hence for this week, I finished current topic for each form and made some revision for examination next week.


Form 1: Factors and Multiples. 

Form 4: Quadratic Function. I generated a game from quizzies for students to answer the questions to make it more fun.

Form 5: Insurans. By end of the lessons, I provided quiz for students to measure their understanding level.

    




I found that most of students prefer study in a fun environment in my class. Hence, I have analyze SWOT for this week.

S: Students have smartphone. Easier to access online materials and games

W: After finished the tasks, students take opportunity to access their social media (unrelated to academic)

O: Encouragement from management to use smartphone

T: Slow line for school's wifi


No comments:

Post a Comment